TCOTB Background

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Month Eight!

Dan and I kicked off the beginning of the month with a date!  It was sort of an early Valentine's Day celebration slash mom and dad's night out.  We saw Silver Linings Playbook then headed to a local winery to taste some of their wine and enjoy a delicious dinner.  It was a great, fun night and the food was amazing. 

 
 
Despite having lost over 50 pounds, Dan still splurges every great once in a while, and I'm happy about that! :)

This month has been a lot of fun.  Maya is a pretty predictable, happy baby unless she's tired or hungry, so taking her places has gotten easier and easier.  That has allowed us to be more mobile and social.  We have a lot of fun together!

Maya has grown soooo much from month 7 to month 8.  I've said this before and I'm sure I'll repeat myself again, but she seems like sooo much less of a baby these days.  Here are just some of the developments we've seen from month 7 to month 8:

* She's crawling!!  She's seriously everywhere and we have to keep a close eye on her because she definitely gets what she's after.  We've taken more steps to Maya-proof our house, and we'll have to do even more when she starts pulling up on things.
* She reaches for Dan and I.  It warms my heart so much to see her little arms reach out for me.  I absolutely love it!
* She has tried more solid foods: oatmeal, carrots, plums, white potatoes, peaches, and green beans.  The kid just loves food.  We've also started to give her more textured food and she has begun picking bits of food up and putting them in her mouth.  (Actually, she picks everything up and tries to put it in her mouth.)  She tends to use her left hand more than her right hand, so she may take after her daddy on that one.
* She waves.  And it's a huge, wave-with-both-arms-and-hands-and-bounce-up-and-down kind of wave.  She gets so excited and it's really cute!
* She has started to make "b" and "p" sounds along with a sing-songy kind of "uuuhh", but no real words yet.

She fills our hearts with so much love and joy, it's crazy.  I've been having a really hard time with being away from her while I'm at work during the day because she's changing so fast, I feel like I'm missing too much!

Here are some cute pictures we took this month. :)


Determined to get where she's going!

Hee hee.  She LOVES the bath!


Love snuggle time!

It was SO hard to get a good 8 month picture.  She's so active!

This is all she wanted to do.



I've already started making a list of new developments for month 9, including some biggies.  Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment