TCOTB Background

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Love Fall!

Fall - my favorite time of year!  Usually, it means a time of rest and lots of pumpkin flavored goodies, but this year, things are extra busy and I just made my first pumpkin flavored treat last night.  I did manage to get my fall decorations up and occasionally, I'll light a fall-scented candle or two (or five!), but I definitely need more fall in my life in the way of food and I plan to make that happen!
 
Here's what we've been up to:
 
Maya is 3 months old now!!  Just last night Dan and I were talking about how sometimes, it seems that she's been here a lot longer than three months and other times it feels like she was just born.  Here's what's new:
  • She's starting to find her voice and becoming a lot more talkative.  For whatever reason, she babbles the most when she's laying on the changing table.  She really goes to town and it's sooooo stinking CUTE! (See video below!)
  • She likes chewing on her fists.  She tries to get both of them in her mouth and usually ends up gagging herself.  This sounds completely ridiculous, but even that is cute. :)
  • She's a drooling machine.  Lots and lots of slobber.  All the time.
  • She likes to be upright and looking around.  She watches Darla a lot.  It's awesome to be able to watch her follow things at a distance with her eyes and head.
  • She laughed out loud for the first time not too long ago.  Darla was fetching a bone and Maya just thought that was hilarious.  I loved hearing her little laugh and Dan and I have been doing everything possible to make her laugh again.



3 months - lots of wiggles!!
TOOTSIES!
In her three months of life, Maya has been to three weddings.  She has one more to go to before she turns four months old.  I love weddings and I think Maya does, too. :)  The lights and sounds at receptions seem to amuse her and she has been a wedding photographer favorite.  Plus, it's fun to dress her up in pretty dresses and bows.


Wedding #1 - Mr. & Mrs. Bueter

Wedding #2 - Mr. & Mrs. Kress

Wedding #3 - Dr. & Mrs. Bollinger
 *   *   *   *   *   *
We also took a family trip to Huber Winery in Starlight, IN.  What a fun day!  That place is so much more than just a winery.  They've made it very family friendly and we made a whole day out of it.   We started with a pitcher of peach sangria, crackers, a cheeseball and some apple slices in their dining area.  They also have an outdoor seating area where you can pack a picnic and listen to live music.  After that, we did a little wine tasting while my mom watched Maya.  I'm not much on sweet wines anymore, but I enjoyed the tasting.  We just walked around the rest of the day taking lots of pictures.  My brother and his girlfriend joined us for the day and they went to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins.  You can also pick your own apples and go to their ice cream shop, cheese shop, cafe, market, bakery, etc., etc.!  It's quite the operation.  We came away with a bottle of traminette wine (sweet, but not exceedingly so...it'll be good on a hot summer day!), some pumpkin donuts and lots of great pictures!
 
 
 
 
*   *   *   *   *   * 
Dan very recently started a diet called Advocare and therefore we are eating healthier these days.  I've found that eating healthy is really not that difficult; it just requires some planning and maybe a little creativity.  Our meals have been healthier, but not a radical change from what we'd normally eat.  

For me, the hardest part is trying to ignore my sweet tooth after dinner!  As a couple, I think it will be difficult not to resort to quick dinners or fast food when our schedules are overbooked.  It's also difficult to squeeze in time to exercise.  Both of us are full-time working professionals, we attend our weekly Bible study (which we dearly love!), Dan is a regular member and a board member of the Optimist Club, I am coaching our high school's dance team and I am a board member and VP of our town's Main Street organization AND, of course, Miss Maya Rose tends to require some of  our time too. :)  Phew!  Sometimes we just don't have time to cook and McD's is the easiest, most convenient option for dinner.  We'll have to get away from that bad habit!  Anyway, I'm super proud of my hubby for deciding to go on this diet and I promise to be his biggest cheerleader throughout!

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful season!  

1 comment:

  1. GVH has developed a growl that goes along with her babbling, and it cracks me up every single time.

    ReplyDelete