I turned 27 this past weekend and what a weekend it was! Music, friends, family, good food, good weather, cake and ice cream. I love when my birthday falls on the weekend.
Friday night, Dan and I, along with Dan's family enjoyed a night at Symphony on the Prairie. We packed a picnic and were treated to the musical stylings of Time for Three. These guys were amazingly talented and it was an awesome way to start off my birthday weekend.
Saturday, I started the day by having a biscuits and gravy breakfast with Dan, my mom and grandma at a local restaurant called Wheatley's. Delish! I thought it was sweet of my mom and grandma to drive up and take me out to breakfast for my birthday.
Later in the day, Dan hosted a party for me and invited some of my friends. Have I ever mentioned that I have the best friends? I hope I'm as good of a friend to them as they are to me! We had a great time playing croquet and cornhole, grilling up some kabobs, and ending the night around the fire pit. I had such a fun night!
Later in the day, Dan hosted a party for me and invited some of my friends. Have I ever mentioned that I have the best friends? I hope I'm as good of a friend to them as they are to me! We had a great time playing croquet and cornhole, grilling up some kabobs, and ending the night around the fire pit. I had such a fun night!
Avocado Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes
Fresh watermelon from the farmer's market!
Chicken kabobs!
Finally, on Sunday, Dan hosted another party for me and invited our family. Not only do I have the best friends, but I have the best family, too! It just doesn't seem like a birthday without family. I was so happy so many of them could come.
Thank you for the many, many birthday wishes! It was most definitely a happy birthday!
Dan and I were exhausted by Sunday night. Darla was, too!
I wasn't too tired for a little Wii Dance with Rita, though!
I had to do something to make myself feel young and limber!
Thank you for the many, many birthday wishes! It was most definitely a happy birthday!
Happy belated birthday! Those tomatoes sound delicious.
ReplyDelete