If you're from the Midwest, you know the title of this blog is not in reference to the weather. We've had virtually NO rain showers in June and it has been hotter than a . . . Well, it has been hot! Today, it's forecasted to be in the triple digits. This does not bode well for my poor, swelling feet and hands!
There has been an abundance, however, of baby showers!! I've had three of them in June, all thrown by my loving family members and friends. As you can imagine, these have been helpful in terms of getting ready for our baby girl!
My first ever baby shower was given by my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law. They had it at our local library and I was straight up giddy with excitement! Not only was I going to get to see Dan's sweet family, but it was my first baby shower, we were having brunch (my favorite thing, maybe ever) and I couldn't wait to celebrate this baby with everyone. The food was amazing (Dan's family has no shortage of amazing cooks and bakers!) and I got so, so many useful baby items, as well as an abundance of adorable clothes...with lots of ruffles!
 |
| I think Grandma Kress is excited! :) |
 |
| My beautiful mother-in-law and sisters-in-law |
 |
| One of the many cute books we got! |
 |
| Darla was very, very curious about everything, especially the squeaky books and toys. |
It was a very fun shower and I was excited to get home and go back through everything. I got things out of their packages, took tags off, and got a load of laundry going pretty quickly. :) I even assembled a swing!!
The following day I had a brunch date (hmmm...are we noticing a brunch theme here?!) with some of my best friends from law school. This is something we try to do at least once every 3 or 6 months. We met in Indy at Cafe Patachou and enjoyed a DELICIOUS brunch. They also surprised me with a mini baby shower. They each had a gift, plus they bought my meal, brought flowers, bought cupcakes from the Flying Cupcake and even had little favors for the four of us that were there. Is that not SO cute?! What sweet, thoughtful friends I have!

My next shower was the following weekend and it was thrown by my sweet cousins, Jill and Melissa. These girls have been so much like sisters to me over the years and immediately after I revealed I was pregnant, Jill asked about throwing me a baby shower. On the invitations, they asked everyone to consider writing a personal message in a book instead of a card. What a wonderful idea!! We got some really great books (including a recordable story book, with my dad and stepmom's voices reading the story!), lots of blankets and many other baby care essentials!
 |
| Check out the pink lighting! |
 |
| Jill and Melissa with their daughters Alli and Addie |
 |
| Dan trying to put everything together, with Darla looking on. |
The final shower was given by my cousin, Becky. Her mom and daugther, along with my mom and aunt were big helpers, from what I understand. :) The theme in our nursery has become butterflies. I didn't really intend for that to happen, but it sort of just...did, and I love it! This shower had a butterfly theme and could not have been any cuter. They worked so hard on the delicious food and beautiful decorations.
 |
| A quilt my mom made, with butterfly stitching! |
 |
| Butterfly wishes tree, with lots of sweet wishes from family and friends! |
 |
| My mom and I |
 |
| My cousin Becky and her daughter, Madison |
 |
| My Bible study friends...and new mom support group! |
 |
| My sweet friend Jess. She and her husband drove from Indy and it was so fun to spend the day with them! |
I was so, so thankful for all the baby showers. I know throwing a shower isn't easy or inexpensive and my heart welled up with gratitude and love when I looked back at everything that had been done for me and this little baby. We are surely loved. :)
Thank you! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
ReplyDelete