My better half and I headed to Chicago to a beautiful wedding and a mini DePauw reunion last weekend. I felt very honored to have been invited and couldn't have been more excited to reunite with some of my sorority sisters and best college buddies. Lindsay, the bride, was beautiful - much like every other detail of the wedding. The flowers, the bridesmaids, their dresses, the venue, the cake, the food, the drinks, the flowers, I was "oooo"ing and "ahhh"ing and "awwww"ing all night.
I so enjoy going to out-of-town weddings. It's like a mini vacation AND I love road trips, especially with Dan. This was about a 5 hour car ride, although part of that was due to downtown Chicago traffic and my GPS taking us on some interesting and completely unnecessary detours. But I had Dan for entertainment the whole way. :)
It was WONDERFUL to see some of my friends who live in other states. We're all so busy and just don't take the opportunity to get together like we should.
Of course getting to spend a weekend away with this guy was pretty nice too.
No comments:
Post a Comment