On our way back from the Labor Day campout this past weekend, we just so happened to come upon the DePauw exit and it also just so happened that we needed gas at that moment. Because the stars had aligned so perfectly, we figured it was a clear sign that we needed to go to Marvin's.
Marvin's is this delicious little grease pit conveniently (or, well, it used to be convenient) located on the campus of DePauw. If you know someone who went to DePauw, you've likely heard about Marvin's. If you visited someone at DePauw, you've likely eaten Marvin's. And if you've eaten Marvin's, you likely know that it's basically the best tasting food ever. Ever ever.
On our little detour, we took a drive around campus. I'm old enough now that it felt creepy, especially considering I was taking pictures, but we had fun. :)
These are a few of the places that are near and dear to our hearts.
![]() |
| My sorority, DG |
![]() |
| Dan's fraternity, ATO |
![]() |
| Marvin's. :) |
If you truly know how delicious Marvin's is and if you're at all craving it, I would just stop reading now. If you don't, the rest of this post has potential to be painful for you.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
A GCB and ranch fries. I can't tell you how many of these I ate in college. I'll give you a hint, though: It was a lot.
I'm glad we needed to fill up and I'm SO glad we took a slight detour to Marvin's.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I miss college.





I miss college too. It went by way too quickly. And that food looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteWhat does GCB stand for?
ReplyDeleteAahhh...that's a college acronym engrained in my brain as much as DUI, PCR, HTV and all these legal acronyms I hear on a daily basis are these days.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, GCB is a garlic cheeseburger. Seriously, so, so good.