One month ago today, Dan and I were soaking up the hot rays of the therapeutic Maui sun. We went to Maui with my dad, stepmom, stepbrother and one of my stepbrother's friends as a graduation celebration for Dan and my stepbrother.
We spent a lot of time lounging in the sun and simply relaxing. I am definitely a relaxer on vacation. I'm not one to make a bunch of plans or pack my day with excursions while I'm on vacation. I enjoy sleeping in, eating only when I'm hungry, doing things on the spur of the moment and going to bed however early or late I want.
Here's a glimpse of some of the things we did on this vacation.
1. Enjoyed lots of time on the beach.
2. Bought a coconut and drank the juice straight from it.
3. Made mango bruschetta. YUM! We had a lot of
good, homemade meals that week, and I loved it!
Our meals involved a lot of fresh fish and fruit
4. Got up at 3:30 a.m. to catch the surnise at Haleakala. It was a
GORGEOUS sunrise, by far the most beautiful I've ever seen.
It was an early morning and a long, windy drive, but so worth it.
Naps also frequent my to-do list on vacations. This day was no exception.
5. Spent some time in the pool.
6. Enjoyed lots of sun time! As I age, I realize how important it is
to take proper care of my skin. 5 years ago, I would have been
wishing for a burn so it would turn into a tan. Now I say it's not
worth it! I lathered up on the sunscreen, was pain- and sunburn-free
throughout the vacation and still came away with a tan.
7. Drank some deliciously fruity drinks!
8. Got up at 4:30 a.m. to catch a flight to O'ahu to tour Pearl Harbor.
We spent an entire day here and it was completely fascinating to me!
I'm not a history buff at all, so this was interesting and educational for me.
I was hooked all day long. There were lots of tidbits of information we
gathered from the guided tours. I was loving it! Here is my family listening to the guided tours.
9. They day we visited Pearl Harbor was also Flag Day.
10. Which was also our anniversary.
11. We made some kukui nut leis.
12. We did some jumping on the beach.
13. Watched some awesome sunsets
14. We ate awesome food! This was our last night in Maui and we ate
at the Lahaina Fish Company. I had the best sushi and mahi mahi of my life here.
15. We had lots of fun with my family.
16. And lots of fun with each other!
We also celebrated our anniversary at a place called Warren and Annabelle's, which is essentially a magic show. Going to a magic show usually isn't my style, but we went on the recommendation of a friend, and had a great time! I don't even think I would be able to adequately describe or explain the tricks this magician did if I tried! It was truly unbelievable. And, as an added bonus, he was hilarious. AND as another added bonus, Dan and I were part of the show. That will be a great 3rd anniversary memory.
We made it back to Indiana about 5 pm on a Saturday night, after having flown through the night. I cannot sleep on planes, so I was completely exhausted when we got home. We had our new house keys waiting on us, though, so about an hour after we got home, we turned right back around and made the hour trek to our new home. Exhausted, but not exhausted enough to hold us back from the house!
It was a great vacation, followed by a great homecoming. Needless to say, it was incredibly difficult to go back to work that Monday, for lots of reasons!
No comments:
Post a Comment