TCOTB Background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HGTV

We closed on our house last Friday. Have I mentioned that lately? Because we did.

(I’m just a little bit excited!)

I felt like I was on HGTV’s Property Virgins or Househunters. Have you ever seen those shows? They’ve occupied a fair amount of my time over the past 6 months. If you haven’t seen them, these people (with usually insane budgets) go looking for their next (or first) house to buy. When they finally get it narrowed down and close on the house, they always get a little surprise from HGTV after they turn the key. It’s usually a big flat-screen TV, a new dining room set, or something along those lines.

We got a few surprises of our own from our awesome realtor. She’s not just awesome because she gave us gifts. She really was a professional and expert in her field from beginning to end. She calmed me down, helped us to look for certain things that we, as first time homebuyers, weren’t aware of, pointed out pros and cons of each house we looked at, but never, ever tried to influence us to do one thing or another and remained very neutral throughout. She’s good. She’s real good. I’ll recommend her to everyone!

Anyway, back to the surprises…

We got a little goody bag just after we did our final walk-through before we closed on the house.

A cooler - stuffed wtih goodies!  Great advertising for our agent, too!
 
Chips and salsa?  Win!

Cute holiday wine stoppers.  An appropriate gift given how excited we are about our wine fridge!

And these cute wine coasters!!  Are these necessary for wine glasses?  Absolutely not.
Are they cute as a button and will I use them for that very reason?  YES!

 We take possession in 25 days.  Wooooo hoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment