The weekend before last, Dan and I were invited to spend the weekend at Dan's friend's parents' cabin in Brown County. There were three couples and we basically spent the weekend relaxing, playing board games, grilling out, relaxing, napping, watching movies, sleeping in, soaking in the hot tub, enjoying a few adult beverages and relaxing. It was a much-needed mini get away and we had tons of fun, even though it was rainy. The evenings cleared up and got a little chilly, which made for perfect hot tub weather. We didn't leave the cabin all weekend and it was just what the doctor ordered!
Dan and I stopped in Nashville on our way home and just walked around for a while, visiting several of the little shops. Nashville, Indiana is a little slice of Americana. So quaint and cute. We love the "Kiss the Cook" store and picked up a few small things there. We ate some lunch at the Sandwich Shop, then headed home. It was a wonderful weekend, and a great time for Dan and his dental school friends to enjoy each other's company before graduation.
Steve put the guys to work building the fire pit.
 |
| Steaks and grilled pineapple. Yum! |
 |
| This is how we ended our evenings. So relaxing. |
 |
| So picturesque! |
 |
| Our digs for the weekend |
 |
| Delish! |
 |
| Morphology - such a fun game! |
It rained most of Saturday and we may have gotten a little bored and invented a "let's see who can touch the ceiling" contest. I have no idea how this got started, but things got out of control quickly, with the guys attempting cross-cabin-ceiling-touching techniques.
I never touched the ceiling that night, although I had to have been within an inch. As hard as I tried, I couldn't do it. Sunday morning, though, I dominated that ceiling and touched it twice!!
 |
| A sign of Spring! |
Fun times with fun friends. It can't be beat! :)
That looks a lot better than our last Brown County rental "cabin" - essentially someone's house they just rented out, no "cabin" to be found at all.
ReplyDelete