Here we go...
Another post where I talk about my dog like she's my child.
Hey - it's my blog. I'll do what I want!
Every once in a while, our dog needs a bath, okay? So, being the good doggy parents we are, we give her one. Does any dog out there actually like baths? I'd like to know. Darla most definitely does not like baths. Not in the least.
It all starts by luring her into the bathroom. A relatively easy task. Then we shut the door so she can't escape. Because she would, if she could.
Then we -- okay, I -- sweet talk her like she's about to experience the most amazing thing of her life. It's all a ruse, of course.
We stick her in the tub and start soaking her with cups of water, followed by endless "Good girl. Good girl, Darla" praises. Then comes the doggy shampoo. Rinse.
She hates it. She looks so pathetic and helpless and miserable. And it's hilarious. I crack up the whole time! Is that mean of me? I think it might be. But I can't help it.
Then when the nightmare has ended for her, she jumps out, and shaaaaakkkkeeessss off more times than I care to count, soaking our bathroom floor in the process. We try to keep her on the rug, but it's basically a lost cause.
AND DEN...something comes over her. We haven't quite figured out what it is. But, after she shakes off and is released from the torture chamber, she SPRINTS around our apartment until she collapses.
She makes a good 8-10 laps. The girl really sprints it out! I'm convinced she's either trying to:
a) Dry off
b) Get warm
c) Express her uncontainable excitement at being clean
d) All of the above.
I think the final answer is d). I can't be sure, though. I may have to phone a friend. Or a vet. Or maybe, for my sake, a psychologist.
"Geez, mom. I'm really not feelin' the camera tonight."
"But since I'm clean and all, would ya get my good side?"
Ahahaha...she has the cutest expressions! :) Bath time for Lucy (our dog) has gotten much better over the years. She loves it now!
ReplyDelete