I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. Dan and I certainly did. It was a beautiful day where we were. We spent some time outside enjoying the weather in the company of our family. In fact, I probably spent a little too much time outside because Easter left me with sun-kissed skin and a pretty wicked farmer's tan.
Sunburns are typically not what comes to mind when I think about Easter. One of the things that is on my Top Ten List of "Things That Come to Mind When I Think About Easter" is:
Easter candy, yes. But more specifically:
SIXLETS!!!!
Growing up, the Easter Bunny was always sure to leave us Sixlets. In fact, he still does! I love these little things. Chocolatey goodness, in a thin, crunchy candy shell. You could eat them one by one, or do what I do and just pop the whole sleeve of 'em in your mouth at once. I regret eating the three remaining sleeves you see above immediately after I shot this photo. I think the Easter bunny was a little stingy with the Sixlets this year. And judging by the rate at which I inhale them, that was probably a good thing!
In all seriousness, we had an awesome Easter weekend, complete with attending a wonderful church service, spending quality time with lots of family, coloring Easter eggs, and eating plenty of delicious food.
Here are a few pictures that highlight our Easter weekend:
Easter egg hunt!
Checking out all the goodies:
It was so nice outside,
the guys even got to play a little golf.
Madison and I:
Coloring Easter eggs (and hands).
Ethan was a master at this craft!
Family time outside:
Some beautiful spring flowers
in Kathy's garden:
It was a glorious Easter weekend, indeed!
I love sixlets too! Yum!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, I love sixlets! seriously the best candy...
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Those are some nice pictures. Also, I am getting so old. Becky's kids have really grown. Thanks for sharing those pics. I miss seeing her. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! Easter is such a wonderful time to recognize the many blesssing in your life....especially FAMILY!!
ReplyDeleteTo avoid stained hands when dying easter eggs, put the egg in a wire wisk! They slide in easily and pop out easily when done! I dyed Easter eggs with my Kindergarten... and the wire wisks were my sanity!
ReplyDelete